Monday 30 July 2018

Locked Out


The last time I attempted to write a blog post was in the summer of 2016. It was a few months before the Head of the Charles (and my wedding!), and I was visiting my family in the US (as well as visiting the venue for the first time and making arrangements). Thinking it would be nice to do a little writing, I planned out some ideas and then tried to log into my Blogger account, but was told my password was incorrect. I tried another one, which was also incorrect. I looked at the super-secret document where I keep some of my passwords and confirmed that the first one had been correct, and I entered it again...and was told that my account would be locked because of too many attempts.

Drink if this has ever happened to you...

Having so much else to do, I decided not to worry about it and forgot about the lock-out till a few months after the wedding, when I wanted to write about our beautiful winter honeymoon in the north of Italy. Then I tried logging in and found, once again, that none of my passwords would work. I did some half-hearted internet searching to see why Google was being so recalcitrant, and considered trying to contact them directly, but there isn't actually a listed contact address or phone number for that sort of thing. Google expects you to resolve your own problems using their Help pages, but if you problem isn't there, there isn't much you can do beyond posting in forums, which is something I have never done. So again, I gave up on it.

The whole succeeding year of 2017 passed in a flurry of pregnancy, job changes, giving birth, learning what motherhood is about, and trying to keep my brains from being addled by sleeplessness, and I did not try to access my blog again until yesterday. When I entered my original password. Again. But this time, by some miracle, it worked.

Surprise!

So, now that I have successfully re-entered the blogosphere, I will see if I can get myself writing again, if only to keep in practice. I am about to start a new teaching job here in Colombia, and I expect that plus mothering a ten-month-old boy will keep me pretty busy, but now and then it will be nice to put some thoughts on (virtual) paper and see how they flow. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to any responses.


No comments:

Post a Comment